Thursday, May 28, 2009

Surprise

I had a fetal survey to do tonight at 5..well technically it was another sonographer's patient but she asked me to start it since the woman was early. It didn't take too long before I realized that there were actually two babies in there. I told the couple they were having twins, but it took them a little while until they believed me, and then I think they were just in shock for the rest of the exam. That was kind of fun, but also tiring, because I did the whole survey on both twins, and it took almost two hours total.

Ran yesterday, Week 5 Day 2. This was 8 minutes running, 5 minutes walking, 8 minutes running. I got through it just fine with my usual slow pace. Turns out I can run 5/8 of a mile in 8 minutes....yeah, I'm zooming! I did see one woman the other day who ran slower than me, but that's a rarity. Most of the time the runners are whizzing by me. But that's okay, I'm still running and that's what counts. Saturday is the big day, when I do 20 minutes of running straight through. I'm a little scarred and I'm trying not to think about it.

0 comments: