Monday, October 01, 2007

Book Sale Finally Over

It was a long three days for the volunteers, but the September Book Sale is finally over and apparently was a great success. The girls and I were there from 4 - 9 on Friday night, the Jason joined us for 8:15 - 1 on Saturday (I stayed until 3), then we all went back yesterday from 10:15 - 4. It's totally exhausting. Physically you're standing/walking on a concrete airplane hangar floor all day. Everyone's feet and legs were just aching last night. Also, I did a ton of walking, Jason was moving boxes and books all day while doing bulk counting, and Kelsey and Ayla helped with box cutting and book clean up. I'm glad it's over, and after a few hours on Wednesday I get a vacation from my library work until we get back from Hawaii.

But despite the fact that the weather was really wet and cold for the sale, it was PACKED and we were totally picked over by the end of the day yesterday. I don't know what the final tally was, but I'm sure we were somewhere near the 100K mark. Not bad for books that cost between .50 and 1.00 each!

3 comments:

nanny joan said...

THAT IS SUCH A FANTASTIC PROFIT - WHERE DOES IT ALL GO? yOU GUYS SHOULD FEEL REALLY PROUD. I WILL PAY YOU FOR MY BOOKS WHEN I COME OUT NEXT MONTH.

nanny joan said...

how come my comments are not showing up????????Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.