Thursday, August 16, 2007

Well, after stressing about it for almost a month, I finally broke the news to the company today that my school schedule is going to be horrendous, and it looks like I'll only be able to give them 6 hours a week, 2 each on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. It took me so long because for much of that time I was convinced that I was going to tell them that I would not be working at ALL once school started, that it would just be too much and I have to quit.

Then I felt really calm this morning, and I knew it was time to tell them, but I also knew I decided that I would offer the 6 hours and see if they agreed. It's not that much that I think it would really stress me out, and I wouldn't feel like I was really leaving them in the lurch. I figured we'd do the 6 hour thing for the quarter and then re-evaluate the situation next quarter.

So I very casually brought it up this morning and said that my schedule was going to be really intense (which it is), with a full 17 credits (12 is considered full time), and laid out the 6 hour option.

Doesn't look like they're going to go for it. But I don't feel bad about that option either :-)

***********************************

I've also been spending a lot of time putting together our itinerary for Oahu. Normally I am not a plan everything out kind of gal. I just like to make note of things I don't want to miss, and then fit it in somewhere along the way. However, for this particular trip I decided that it would be better to have stuff pre-planned because we're there for such a short time, and because Oahu is pretty small, and if you want to make sure you get to do something you'd better make reservations ahead of time.

After much discussion with the other travelers, we've decided these are the "Must Do" things:

Hang Gliding
Pearl Harbor
Diamond Head (Kelly and Jason)
Movie Sites and Lost Sites tour
Snorkeling

These are the "want to do" things":

Parasailing (Kelly and Kelsey)
Honolulu city tour
Drive around North Shore

We don't care about going to a Luau, the Dole Pineapple Plantation, the Polynesian Cultural Center, swimming with sharks or dolphins, the aquarium, the zoo, and any number of other things available to us.

So I've made reservations for all the Must Do things, combining Pearl Harbor with a city tour so we get all that done at once, and combining the Hang Gliding with a drive around the North Shore on the way to the Movie and Lost Sites tour. We're gonna be freakin' exhausted when we get home.

0 comments: