Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Watch out Seattle drivers

Well, we took the plunge today, and Kelsey bought herself a car. At least, we put a deposit down on it because the owner is going away tomorrow for a long weekend, and we need time to get to the bank and get a cashier's check together. I hope we'll have enough time to do that, since the money has to come out of Kelsey's fund in Pennsylvania. I should probably go research that on the Washington Mutual site, about how long it takes for the money to actually transfer.

Anyway, it's a nice looking car. Here's what it looks like (this is not the exact car, but it looks just like this one):



She got a 2005 Scion XB, and I think we got a pretty good deal on it. These babies seem to really be holding their value, and the prices are all over the map. I've seen them as low as 11K for one with really high mileage all the way up to 26K for a "first edition" (WTF?) low mileage snazzy orange colored one. Freakin' yuppy colors.

So, another Wyld child takes the wheel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute car!! I really like the boxy shape! Did I know my granddaughter got her license? Heaven Help Us!

nanny joan said...

WTF? Cool Car - Aunt Kris and Nanny