Friday, June 08, 2007

Here comes the sun

The sun has finally broken free for about the first time this week,and it looks like it's going to be a nice warm day. We've had a string of cold and rainy the last few days, which has been great for the grass but not so good for us. So today, I get to cut the grass and pull weeds. Don't you wish you were me? Then I meet Kelsey's guitar teacher at noon for a walk around Green Lake.

Oh, also, I asked her if she would be interested in dog-sitting for us in October while we're in Hawaii, and in December when we're home for Christmas, and she said sure...so I'm going to go over the specifics with her today and see if she's still interested. If so, great relief - as always when we have to go away and find someone to stay with the beagles. Yes, we could just put them in a kennel, but there really aren't any kennel kind of kennels out here. They're all "doggy camp" or "doggy spa" or something like that, and they cost a fortune, especially for two dogs...minimum cost of $55 per day from what I've found. So finding someone willing to come and stay with them at about $20 per day is a bargain.

One more week until Mom gets here. Gotta start cleaning :-)

1 comments:

nanny joan said...

don't knock yourself out - I am coming to a strange place to start with - don't make it sparkle and shine or I won't know where I am at all. I am very excited. It is going fast. I hope this week doesn't drag.