Friday, June 01, 2007

Decisions, decisions

So let's say, hypothetically, that you were going to Hawaii, specifically Oahu. Would you stay in a downtown hotel near Waikiki beach or rent a condo on the North Shore?

Waikiki beach is crowded and touristy, but is right in the middle of everything. The North Shore is isolated and quiet, but beautiful (it's where they shoot Lost) Both cost about the same, so that's not an issue.

In this hypothetical situation, you have use of a car so you wouldn't be "stuck" at the isolated place, but you'd have to drive about an hour to get to the touristy areas. If you stayed at the touristy areas, you'd have to pay for parking at the hotel, and you'd have to drive about an hour to get to the pretty part of the island.

Let's hear it people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Decisions Decisions...

OK spill whats going on?

nanny joan said...

Dad and I went to Hawaii in the early 90's. Stayed in Wakiki Beach and I can tell you it was very very crowded. Very much like downtown Miami Beach. Traffic was impossible........ we had to go the the military hospital to get meds and someone staying at the same resort we were took us out to the hospital. It took forever because there are too many cars on the island of Ohau. I have never been to any of the other islands so I can't offer much advice. But I think I would opt for the North Shore and then line up some tours so you can do the tourist spots. So, I guess I won't be coming to Seattle for thanksgiving nor will I be going to Austin. Oh well, too bad so sad........