Monday, June 04, 2007

Donkey!

Kelsey and I just finished watching Hell's Kitchen. What a sorry lot of chefs they have this year. I can't believe they have a line cook from the Waffle House on the show. I may never have worked in a kitchen but I find it hard to believe that there's any chance that a Waffle House line cook can run a multi-million dollar 5 star kitchen in Las Vegas. We want to know why Wayne didn't try out for this show? I'm sure he wouldn't have broken down in tears, like that one guy Aaron.

We're definitely all on cruise countdown right now. We haven't actually started packing yet (we do have almost three weeks, after all!), but we're mentally packing. I think we'll try to get all our clothes together in the next week to ten days so we know what we're missing, if anything. I can't wait to see everybody.

And though we didn't get too many suggestions, we've all decided we'd rather stay in a quieter area of Oahu instead of Waikiki beach, so I'm currently searching for condo rentals, since there really aren't any hotels anywhere else except Turtle Bay Resort, but that's super expensive so we definitely aren't staying there. But it's fun looking :-)

Happy Anniversary Mom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember no computers without one of those wrist handcuff things

Alpha Female said...

No computer this time. As much fun as that was last time, we've decided we'll just try to not lose anything this year.

nanny joan said...

thanks for the anniversary wishes! Like I told you, I will still think it is my anniversary even tho Dad isn't here to celebrate it.

Aunt Mare and i took a ride down to Bird-in-Hand today to check out some country stores and I was looking at some wall art when very loud piped in music started playing and Bette Midler sang Wind beneath my Wings......... Oh boy, the flood gates opened and I just stood there and bawled my eyes out. I couldn't even move so I just stood there and waited for it to be over. Mare came finally and said Oh, God did you hear it. Then she said yeah I guess you did.

Other than that it was a beautiful day today - no humidity and lot of sun and a little breeze and about 75 degrees. It was just a nice day to be outside.

As for Hell's Kitchen, I just love that show. They seem to be a sorry bunch this time around. And I agree Waffle House doesn't stand a chance and neither does the nursing home guy. But it was fun to watch it. It should be an interesting season this time.