Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Oscar thoughts

How cool that we're on the West Coast so we can enjoy the Oscars at 5:30 and not have to fall asleep waiting for them to be over.

I hate the pre-show. Everyone just seems so overly fake about everything. We skipped most of it.

Nicole Kidman's face looks totally frozen and plastic and scary looking. Way too much botox.

Jack Nicholson gets more bizarre every year. The shaved head, the sunglasses indoors....yeah, he's weird all right.

Good for Alan Arkin. I didn't see it, but I heard Eddie Murphy got really pissed that he didn't win and stormed out of the theater. Or maybe he just wanted to leave early. Whatever, he didn't stay for the rest and I think that's pretty rude either way.

Poor Peter O'Toole. The man looked like death warmed over, and I think his last chance of getting an Oscar before he's gone went by the wayside.

Forest Whitaker's eyelid is seriously creepy. Dude, have that fixed.

Ellen Degeneres was funny but seemed really subdued. I think she was nervous, but I still liked her.

Al Gore got big since his election. Tipper too. I think part of their global warming campaign consists of clearing every plate put in front of them. Good for him though for being there and being so personable. Too bad he couldn't show that side a few years ago.

Meryl Streep obviously goes for comfort over style. I still love her.

Gwyneth Paltrow looked fabulous. Reese Witherspoon too. Great dresses on both of them. Kirsten Dunst however looked like she hadn't washed her hair in three days. Kelsey and I both laughed at the look Toby Maguire shot her when she elbowed him away from the microphone.

Where was Brad Pitt? So disappointed he wasn't there.

Kelsey thinks Leo DiCaprio looks old...like in his 40s old. She was amazed to discover he's only 33. I think he looked and sounded very poised.

Yay for Martin Scorsese....I was happy he finally got his Oscar.

What the hell is wrong with George Lucas's neck?

I don't think little Jaden Christopher yada yada yada Smith can read. Love Will Smith, he looked great. Jada Pinkett Smith looks robotic.

I was happy for Jennifer Hudson, but Kelsey doesn't think it's fair that somebody gets an Oscar for their very first acting role.....says she hasn't earned it yet. I did feel bad for her doing the musical part though when her right boob kept threatening to escape. It made me very uncomfortable to watch her.

All in all, not bad...not that exciting, not horrible either. No terribly stand out moments. The best line of all the winners goes to Melissa Ethridge, who said the next morning on Good Morning America that the Oscar would be the only naked man to EVER be in her bedroom.

2 comments:

nanny joan said...

You are a mess! Your new career could be as a critic - not a movie critic, but a movie-star critic. You had comments about everyone - sounds like Joan Rivers. By the way, what are your thoughts on Anna Nicole Smith. Can you imagine not being buried yet after 3.5 weeks. What the hell do you think she looks like. Talk about your circus clowns, man she is a six-ring circus act and she isn't even here to perform. This world is going to hell in a handbasket pretty damn quick. I put a post on Nanny's page about the ribs. I think the only one who didn't know about it was Kirk - so it was mostly to fill them in. It's nine p.m. and I just took a Vicodin for the night time and I will be going to bed in the next hour or so. My cat is so crazy - she requires more attention than any dog I ever owned. She gets up in my lap and then in my face and cries and purrs like pet me pet me oh please pay attention to me. She just fell off the bed this minute chasing her red mouse. She love to bat it under the furniture and then try and figure out how to get it ( Iusually wind up moving the stupid furniture. I keep telling her I can't help her out with that right now. She's too stupid to understand. My buds from Nationwide called me and wanted me to meet them at Your Place after work, but I had to beg off. I told them I just wanted to get home and take a nap and that I couldn't have any drinks while I am taking the narcs. That Christina said you are high on the drugs so you won't have to drink. Just come and join us and keep us company. But I said no I couldn't do it tonight. Maybe after I get back from TX. I can't believe it is almost time to go. Watch out for those Earthquakes in S.F. Like I said the country is going to hell in a handbasket. Forget Mother Nature, God is really pissed off right now. People better pay attention. Well gotta go now. Time to get ready for bed. Talk to you soon.

Kris said...

Joan Rivers - my thoughts exactly! Holy heck, Kel! Boy mom, you're only supposed to comment. Not write a book!