Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Random

Tonight is pot luck night at Kelsey's school. She has a block class the last three classes of the day, where the same students go between Science, Language Arts, and World History. Pot luck will be dinner, dessert, and listening to some student work. We only have to bring drinks - one of the benefits of being towards the end of the alphabet.

Currently waiting for the boy next door to come home from school so I can ask him if he will beagle-sit for us while we're away at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I contacted a "kennel-free" boarding facility, but it's awfully expensive ($55 per day) and will cost us a small fortune at Christmas since we're gone from 12/19 thru 1/1. Everyone cross your fingers that Stephan will say yes.

Started a new quilt this week. Once I start quilting, it's very difficult for me to get used to sitting down without a needle in my hand. This one is a scrappy pinwheel and so far I think it's really nice. Kelsey, as usual, hates it.

Jason has been leaving for work before 7:30 since his office move....yes, folks, that's s-e-v-en-t-h-i-r-t-y. As in, gets up at 6:30. In the morning. His desire for good parking outweighs his desire to sleep until 9. I'm not sure how to take this new pattern of behavior - I'm very confused.

1 comments:

Fred said...

Hey...coming to SCPA for Christmas? Last time you were here(no, not in September, in July)I seem to remember you mentioning you were coming back sometime in the fall. We will be out of town for Thnxiving, but if your around over Christmas maybe we can meet for lunch again. Let me know!