Monday, September 04, 2006

So Crafty

Yesterday I made a bag. It was just a practice bag, I want to try to make a bag for school to carry one or two books, since I have a light quarter this time. So I practiced using the lovely burnt orange tie-dye material that in a fit of madness I bought ten yards of last year. I've already used some of it to start a dog quilt for the back of the car, so I thought I'd use some more to practice.

So, okay, it came out a really weird shape, and I decided it was just right to take videos in when we go back and forth the video store.
Bag1Bag2

So I learned how NOT to do the handles, and I learned a little bit about stitching and gussets, so I will attempt another with the nicer material that I got at the going out of business sale at Hancock's the other week. But not today, because we're going shopping for back to school clothes, just as soon as everybody gets up and dressed. Seeing that it's after 11 am, I hope that will be soon.

3 comments:

nanny joan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nanny joan said...

Very nice bag kid - you amaze me with your talent. Is the bag lined so when you are carrying those books the straps don't break and the books go all over. Just when I am about to give up on you (a hair appt at 5 p.m. in Chatanooga TN!!!!) as Rip would say, Oh boy!! You redeem yourself.
the Kiblers for a few hours yesterday - told your cousin that you wanted her to call you. They have cell phones again - I am not sure about what the numbers are. Briana came to Lori's with her's first. I said what type of phone do you have A. It's a camera phone. Q. Duh - I mean what brand is it. A. I don't know. Q. Who is your carrier? A. Me! Oh boy!!
She doesn't care if she talks on it or not all she wants to do is take pics - must have taken 10 pics in 2 mins of Alex and Trey and Kala. The older one didn't get a phone because Radio Shack was out of flip phones. She was supposed to be going somewhere to get her's today.

2:11 PM

Anonymous said...

You are becoming very Martha Stewartish!