Monday, December 08, 2008

Good to know you're not alone

Friday was the first CCD (Clinical Consortium Day) since we started clinical studies, and the first time I've had to reconnect with my classmates. It was so good to see everyone and to hear the stories they had from their clinical assigments. Some people are just flying by and some are struggling, and everyone could relate to the horror stories that each of us told. It was so good to see everyone again, I missed them all a lot. We met at 6:30 for breakfast and talking because we knew we wouldn't have that much time during the actual program to chat.

Friday night we had ice cream cake and pizza and Kelsey had some friends over to celebrate her 17th birthday. She opened presents that night and then on Saturday night we went to the Melting Pot, as per her request. We took Ayla and Chloe with us as well, and had a great time. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I would have liked because I woke up Saturday with a wicked headache that actually made me vomit a couple of times in the morning, and then kept me in bed until after 2:00 that afternoon. I was still fighting it off this morning but if did finally go away mid-morning.

Just in time for us to take a walk down to the fruit stand and pick up our Christmas tree. I think it's a perfect size and the girls decorated it quite nicely while Jay and I were at the grocery store. After we got all the stuff put away, we went out front to string lights around the front trees. It all looks very pretty, and is the first year we have had a tree since the first year we moved to Seattle. We'll miss everybody at Christmas, but I am looking forward to a quiet relaxing Christmas this year instead of the traveling we usually do.

I'm off tomorrow and I have to bake cookies for a cookie exchange at work on Tuesday, and I have to finish some presentations I have to make on Wednesday, and I also have to go to the post office and send some stuff that we sold on Amazon, and here it's almost 3:00 am and I'm not the least bit tired..and I'm quite afraid I'll sleep the day away tomorrow and not get anything done that I wanted to do. So I should probably try to go to sleep now that I've updated :-)

0 comments: