Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Signing

Today Jason and I had our signing. That's almost the same as closing in PA, except no keys are exchanged, and the seller isn't there. Just the buyers, the title company, and the buyer's real estate agent. We signed and signed and signed, then we handed over a freaking huge check, then we left. Next step is for the Escrow company to file the papers, the county records the deed, and then Monday we get keys. Official time is 9:00 pm, but our agent is going to see if we can't get them sooner.

So, it's almost official - just a few more days and we can start moving boxes! Thanks for the box suggestions everyone gave. I wound up asking at Safeway the other day when I was grocery shopping, and they hooked me up big time. I packed about 8 boxes of books that I'm going to donate to the Seattle Public Library. They have a huge book sale twice a year...and I mean huge...it's in an old aircraft hanger, and it's always packed. The neighbor and I are going to drop the boxes off tomorrow. She has a van, and she's going to go through her stuff too.

Kelsey registered for driver's education yesterday. She can go any time now and get her permit. Needless to say, she's very excited. Needless to say, I'm scared to death. Seattle is not a fun place to drive. Or park. I'm sure she'll be fine, but it's hard to think about.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Woo hoo!!! Congratulations on the new home ownership! Can't wait to see it.

nanny joan said...

I know we talked on the phone tonight about everything, but it is so exciting that you now own your own beautiful home once again. I don't envy you the moving, but I know how excited you all must be. I am really anxious for June to come so I can come out and stay with you guys for 2-3 weeks - is that too long? I figure me and the beagles will have a great time while you guys are away. I don't know if I can handle taking them to the doggie park by myself, but I will take them for walks (one at a time) Do they still yank and pull like before or are they mellowing out in their old age, like me? Talk to you next week.

dleaman said...

Congrats on the house. I'm sure that Seattle is a nice place to live. I would perfer it over Mechanisburg. Heck I'm sure its better than Columbus! Good luck moving in and I hope you don't have any nasty surprises.