Thursday, April 10, 2008

And the winner is.....

I've decided to go into General instead of Echo. What that means is that I will get certified in Abdomen or OB/GYN instead of the heart. My ultimate goal is to work in women's health which I would do with a General tract instead of the cardiac tract. I'm really happy and excited about my decision - it feels great to have finally made up my mind. I've been to three General labs so far and I'm really enjoying it, even if we're just doing liver, pancreas, and aorta right now. But I'm actually finding what I'm looking for, so that's a lot of positive feedback for me.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice while I struggled. I know I made the right decision for me, no regrets. At least not yet :-)

Things are status quo here. Meg is working a lot this week, so isn't around too much. Kelsey had her first match the other day, but it rained the whole time so she came home soaked and cold, and they lost too. Jay got his raise, which was bigger than we expected, so that was cool. Tonight we're having Bengal Tiger takeout, and by Saturday it's supposed to reach 71 degrees. Life is good.

1 comments:

nanny joan said...

congratulations on reaching a decision and knowing you made the right choice. Congratulations to Jason also. It is quite a good company he is working for, even if it is crunch time so much of the time, and he has to work so many hours overtime. Enjoy Bengal tiger take out tonight. Things are pretty much the same here, blood sugar is back under control.... haven't fallen anymore, and the cold is cleared up. BTW, do you know if your brother and sister=in-law are in Detroit? I haven't heard from him since we left Austin. Again, happy to hear you made your choice.