Monday, January 07, 2008

Being spoiled

The carpet guy was here tonight to make sure that the piece of carpet we ordered for Kelsey's room will be large enough. He said we had plenty...which is good news, because we can use the left over stuff to put in the laundry room since we lost the remnants we had in there. Also, he said not to worry about picking up any of the staples or stuff off the floor, he has a tool that will do that in three minutes. So he'll be here Thursday around 9 am and he said it would only take them about an hour and they'll be all done. So by Thursday night Kelsey will be back in her room and I know she's really looking forward to that.

But I'm really spoiled because Megan made dinner tonight. It was so nice all day to know I didn't have to cook when I got home :-). She made eggplant parmesan and spaghetti and salad and garlic rolls, and it was really good. No, I'm not just saying that...it really was good. I put her recipe in my recipe book for another time.

Later tonight we'll make elephant ears for desert. Meg is doing homework right now and Jay is doing the dishes and we have two tons of recycling to take out to the side yard since it's been about a month since we last got recycling taken care of. I plan on studying for about an hour or two tonight and then going to bed early because I'm really tired today. Must have been staying up until 1 to watch "The Wire" Season 5 premiere. I should probably not do that again on a school night.

2 comments:

nanny joan said...

yum yum - that is really making me hungry. sounds like it was really good - nice job pooh bear. how come you never cooked for me when we lived on willow spring road.

Did I tell you I bought a pound of king crab legs over the week-end and shared them with sister Mare. Boy they were yum yum too.

Happy move back into your room Kelsey - bet you are really counting the hours till you are back in. Ayla will be glad too, I bet.

Kris said...

What are elephant ears?