Monday, December 10, 2007

Two days to go

Tomorrow is the Physics final, and then Wednesday is the Abdominal Scanning final and the last Pathology test. I've tried to put in as much hours as I could studying these past few days, but I've been horribly distracted. The weekends just seem so busy, especially trying to clean up the basement from the flood. The house was smelling quite mildew-y, so we had to get all the wet carpet and stuff out. Jay did most of it, I tried to help a little.

We have a new niece, Riley Ann....isn't she cute? Seriously, she might be rivaling Kelsey in the cheek department for a newborn. I can't wait to meet her.

My carpool buddy from school surprised me with a gift of dinner in a bag today...rigatoni and sauce from Williams Sonoma, some yummy dipping oil, and a loaf of rosemary garlic bread. How nice was that? She's so sweet..she said she was giving me a gift because I was so nice about giving her a birthday gift last week (gourmet popcorn and a bottle of wine). She's great, and I'm glad we're carpooling together. She's about on par with me as far as grades go, which is cool because there are quite a few that aren't doing so well, which I imagine would be tremendous pressure. Wouldn't that be awful to work so hard on pre-reqs to get a 4.0, and then fail out of the program? I think they usually lose 1 or 2 each class, but I'm hoping everyone can get it together and pull through.

Okay, back to studying. See what I mean about distractions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riley Ann is adorable! I can't believe how big Ripken is - but I haven't seen him since your wedding!

nanny joan said...

your car pool buddy sounds like a nice buddy to have. I am making some new friends at the Market too - only problem is I am old enough to be each one's mother (and even grandmother to a few) keep up the good work with your studies (teach pooh-bear how to study like you do..... then maybe you could be study buddies in January. Well like you said only two more tests and then you get a semester break.

Hi Hugo, Mary and Grandma Flo. Happy holidays to you all in Pittsburgh.