Monday, March 12, 2007

Sweet sweet craigslist

Back from California, where we had a wonderful long weekend with lots of shopping and eating and walking, and the weather was gorgeous. Also got to see Mark and Keith again from TimeSink which was really fun. I will try to post pictures tomorrow, especially of Alcatraz which was way cool at night. Kelsey is pretty obsessed with that prison and the prisoners. She could probably tell you most of the worst offender's names and what they did, and I'm sure she could also regale you with tales of escape attempts.

In the meantime, we're back home. I saw somebody's craigslist ad today asking if they could come pick up any stuff you didn't want anymore, as they were trying to raise money for a down payment on a house by doing these yard sales of whatever they could get. I emailed her and they came over tonight and cleared the old house of all the stuff we didn't want to bring to the new house but hated to just throw away. So that's cool, they were really happy to get everything, and I think they're coming back tomorrow night to pick up the couch too. So there's not too much left in the old house to bring over, thank goodness. I'm so ready to live in only one place!

The beagles were great while we were gone, and very well taken care of by Ayla and her mom. They are so very spoiled, they don't even know what it's like to go to a kennel when we go on vacation.

1 comments:

nanny joan said...

well how 'bout that, I found you all by myself. Just when I think the old brain is completely gone - click it starts working again. Glad you got most of the house all done. Guess the new renters will be there in a few weeks. Glad you got the new dryer - it must feel great to be able to do the landry in a new safe machine. I posted a few comments on nanny's page. Go take a look. SF sounds like it was great. I am so looking forward to my trip to Seattle. Those beagles truly are spoiled and I will spoil them some more when I come. Meg and Robby are taking good care of Lilly for me. Meg says she is a brat. But she is very spoiled too. Especially when it comes to her litter box. I am hoping Kris and Wayne will take her for the three weeks when I am out in Seattle. Meg is very excited about the cruise too. Well gotta get ready for bed. It's after 11 here. I get so mixed up with the time changes. Just wait till I am out there. Oh boy............