Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snowy

Back from Austin, where we had a fantastic Thanksgiving trip. The Neibert Diaries does an excellent job in recapping the holiday, so interested parties can take a gander at that blog.

I got home to a new hard drive (thanks to my brother, Dell sent me a new one instead of a refurbished one), and after many many hours yesterday, I'm back online. Hoo-ray.

We got back in town just in time to experience the standstill that is Seattle when there's a bit of snow and ice. Woefully unprepared with salt or sand, and with Monday Night Football featuring the Seahawks, last night was a commuting nightmare. I'm awfully lucky that it only took me two hours to get home. The Seattle Times blog has some people traveling for over 11 hours. When I got to work today, only one other person had made it in, so I stayed for the whole day to cover. Kelsey had a snow day - and she thought those days were over when we left PA!

Supposed to get colder tonight, and another storm on Wednesday, then finally get warmer. Just in time for Kelsey's birthday camping trip this weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey read my post on megan's page. I just spent 10 mins sending you a note- if it's not there then it is lost in cyberspace. glad to know you now have a working computer again. I did not know it had crashed. I will have a fit if that should happen to mine. Was yours pretty old. Mine is only 18 months old so it shouldn't die yet, should it? Anyway I liked the contrasting weather pics of Austin and Seattle. guess I would rather be in Austin right now.

Anonymous said...

How come no one is posting on my blog? I put a pic of my haircut and not a word!