Sunday, April 02, 2006

Back to school

Well, this is the last day of spring break. Tomorrow is back to school day, at least for me. The young one has break next week, and is headed off on a plane by herself for the first time ever. She's nervous, but she's smart....she'll do great.

Yesterday we went to the passport agency to get a passport for the kid and to change the name on mine. Turns out I need a whole new one, even though mine is only 2 years old. So another $62 to the gubment. At least my picture on the new one is much better. With all the fees, passport agency processing, US fee, picture fee, etc, turns out it was over $200 just for two passports. Guess we'd better use them. Living so close to Canada though, I'm sure we will. The new passport rule for Canada goes into effect the end of this year, so we'll need them to cross the border after that. Actually, the man and I are considering a trip to BC next weekend after dropping the kid off at the airport. We've heard tell of a Dutch Pancake restuarant there. It's only a three hour drive.

If anyone back home is reading these entries, post a comment! I'd like to know you're at least interested sometimes in what's going on here. I know, I know...you're all super busy with your own lives. Me too. But c'mon, throw me a bone every once in a while.

Speaking of bone, here's some Alpha Female love for you:

Fatassco

0 comments: