Thursday, June 04, 2009

Hey! It's hot.

Seattle's been going through a little bit of a heat wave the last few days, and in fact we have had record temps yesterday and today. Actually hit 91 degrees officially today, 1 degree higher than the previous June 4 record. I think our bedroom was quite a few degrees higher than that though. It has already cooled down substantially though, and is supposed to be back in the high 70's by tomorrow. I'm not complaining, it's wonderful to have such summery weather so early here and once Jay had put the AC unit in the bedroom I was able to sleep just fine :-)

I ran another two miles yesterday so it wasn't just a fluke people...yay for me.

Jason has an appointment with a podiatrist on Monday to find out why his foot still hurts. Good thing too, because we have the Furry 5K on Sunday so his foot will probably really be hurting on Monday.

Kelsey is winding down her junior year, knockin' out the finals, and finishing up her first college class. Meg is almost done with this quarter too. I know they're both ready for a break.

I have two more weeks to go at the clinic and then I switch back to Swedish for my perinatal rotation. I'm going to miss the girls at the clinic, but I'm also looking forward to driving into work with Jay again in the morning - I miss that little bit of time. I'll have to take the bus home though, our leaving schedules don't match up. But it'll still be better than driving every day.

One more week until we leave for San Diego for my birthday weekend!

0 comments: